September 19, 2017
The world of electronics gathered at electronica India and productronica India in New Delhi
- Record numbers reflect industry’s importance: increase of 24 percent in visitor as compared to previous Delhi edition
- Participants benefit from supporting program: Advantage India, e-Automotive conference, CEO Forum and India PCB Tech conference well received
- New market research report released on Automotive Electronics Industry of India at e-Automotive conference
From September 14 to 16, 2017, electronica India and productronica India proved in New Delhi their status as largest marketplace for electronic components, systems, applications and electronics production technologies in India. The latest editions impressed with a high internationality of exhibitors as well as a supporting program with a top-class line-up at the conferences.
455 exhibitors from 17 countries showcased new developments and trends of the entire value chain of electronics, taking up over 20,000 square meters of exhibition space. 19,028 visitors came to the grounds of Pragati Maidan for the three days of the events, which equates to an increase of 24 percent compared to the previous Delhi edition.
Bhupinder Singh, Chief Executive Officer of Messe Muenchen India, is delighted with the result: “electronica India and productronica India were a huge success and clearly reflect the industry’s importance in India. The participants were extremely satisfied with the exhibition as well as the supporting program.”
The majority of the exhibitors met their participation objectives and praised the trade fairs. Toshiyuki Tsutsumi, Senior Director, Renesas Electronic Corporation said: “The event has been really exciting. The electronics market in India is very good right now and we benefitted from participating at electronica India.”
Lim Khoon Heng, ASM (Assembly Systems Singapore Pte Ltd.) was also impressed by the response: “The event for us was great this year as we met a lot of visitors. The response is in fact better than last year in Bangalore. We expect to get more customers and contacts and grow, which is why we have participated in the event.”
Numerous innovations and a broad thematic spectrum at the trade fairs and conferences
Exhibitors displayed the latest technological advancements on the trade fairs. From the many country pavilions, such as China, Germany, Singapore, Taiwan and United Kingdom, visitors gained a global perspective on innovations in the sector. The variety of the supporting program also added value for the attendees. Top decision-makers from across India took the offer of these learning and networking opportunities.
Programs such as:
- Advantage India Summit covered various key schemes and initiatives and offered investment and networking opportunities for encouraging growth within the electronics industry.
- e-Automotive conference included discussions around building up the eco-system for the growing automotive electronics market in India.
- CEO Forum gathered top thinkers to deliberate upon the way forward for the Indian ESDM sector
- India PCB Tech conference and pavilion gave a platform to the PCB suppliers as they showcased new technologies and gathered the who is who of the PCB industry eco-system.
Market research report on automotive electronics
For the very first time, a market research report was commissioned by Messe Muenchen India in order to capture the pulse of the automotive electronics industry in India. Released at the e-Automotive conference, the report ‘Outlook and opportunities 2020: Indian automotive electronics industry’ gives a holistic view of the opportunities and the increasing role of electronics within the automotive electronics segment.
Business-matchmaking: Buyer-Seller forum and B2G forum
Networking programs such as the Buyer Seller forum generated huge interest and reported strong participation. Top decision makers conducted over 1,200 face-to-face meetings with exhibitors.
Singh concluded: “The trade fairs are deeply rooted within the electronics sector. Each year we offer our attendees knowledge-rich conferences and a vast spectrum of technologies. We are confident that forthcoming editions of electronica India and productronica India will continue to strengthen the electronics community in India.”
The next editions of electronica India and productronica India will take place from September 26–28, 2018 at BIEC, Bangalore. More information is available online at www.electronica-india.com and www.productronica-india.com
Media contact for Messe Muenchen India